Our journey to Brisbane was a long one; nearly 7 hours to get to Dubai and another 14 to get to Australia. Actually we reached Oz after 8 hours but it takes 6 hours to fly across this vast country/island/continent. Although I had been to work and went straight to the airport to fly here and consequently was very tired, I hardly slept on the plane. My son slept 10 hours on the last leg and woke up with a cheery
'Nearly here, didn't take long' (how annoying)
When we got to the appartment my first priority was sleep and I fell asleep straight away only to be woken a couple of hours later by pteradactyls! Surely that awful screeching must be something huge and hungry. It turned out to be their more diminuitive relatives the cockatoos. Pretty though they are I can't believe the noise they make.
They also have incredible eyesight and spotted the sunflowers as they flew passed the apartment. They don't roost near us so we don't get disturbed by them very often but they fly passed nearly day most of the year.
One in particular enjoyed eating the flowers and even perched on them to strip them. It shows how light they are as the vase had very little water in it and was not very heavy.
Makes a change from sparrows!
No comments:
Post a Comment